Supplementary examinations provide an opportunity for you to improve your standing in a course in which you have attained a failing grade of 5 or 10 marks below the stated pass mark. For upgrading purposes, in your last semester of studies, you may be given an opportunity to write a supplementary examination for a course in which you have attained the minimum pass mark or five marks above the minimum pass mark.
Qualifying for a Supplementary Exam
- You must have attained a failing grade of 5 or 10 marks below the stated pass mark.
- You may be eligible to write one supplementary per semester.
- Supplementary exams will not apply to any course in which the final exam is worth less than 30%.
- Academically dismissed students are not eligible to write supplementary exams.
Applying for a Supplementary Exam
- Complete and submit the Supplementary Exam Request form.
- Pay the $25 supplementary exam fee using Student Self Service via MyCNA or by visiting your nearest campus.
- Email receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 709-466-4640
What You Need to Know When Applying:
- The Student Services office will verify your eligibility to write a supplementary exam.
- Refund of the supplementary exam fee will be granted only if permission to write an exam is denied.
- Comprehensive Arts and Science (CAS) Transfer: College-University program learners should contact a Guidance Counsellor, or the Service Coordinator, prior to applying for a supplementary exam for important information concerning course transferability.
- Supplementary exams are scheduled to be written within the first two weeks of the following semester. The supplementary exam date/requirements will be emailed to your D2L course email.
- Questions regarding supplementary exams should be directed to the Service Coordinator by calling 1.877.465.2250, menu option 1, or emailing email@example.com.