Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) is a process that allows a student to demonstrate prior learning to possibly receive credit towards a post-secondary course. For more information visit My CNA .
To apply, complete the application form for your program and include supporting documentation.
- Business, Office, Information Management & Enterprise Web Development:
School of Business & IT PLAR Application Form
- Art & Design Essentials, CAS Transition, Journalism (Post Diploma), Tourism & Hospitality Services, Video Game Art & Design: PLAR Application Form
- Current resume
- Letter from employer confirming job title and dates of employment (if based on work experience)
- Job description (or request employer to outline duties in letter)
- All transcripts for courses completed and detailed course outlines (if based on educational background)
- A portfolio or samples of work may be requested to assist faculty with the assessment
- Rehabilitation Assistant (OTA and PTA) students should refer to Program Information under the Rehabilitation Assistant (OTA and PTA) website for further information on Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition.
- Early Childhood Education students should refer to the Program Information under the Early Childhood Education website for information on Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition.
Submit the complete application package to:
Mail: Service Coordinator
Distributed Learning Service
College of the North Atlantic
69 Pleasant Street
Clarenville, NL A5A 1V9