Textbooks for all online courses are available at the Distributed Learning Bookstore located at the Clarenville Campus. Here is the complete List of Textbooks for the upcoming semester.
(Click on the + / - in the title bar below to open / close)
We encourage you to order your textbooks early to avoid shipping delays and to ensure you receive your course materials in time for the start of classes. Textbook purchases are processed in order of date received.
The DL Bookstore does not accept telephone orders. Please use one of the following options to order textbooks:
- The complete textbook list for the upcoming semester is available in a Print-Friendly version.
- To order your textbooks online, use the Online Book Order Form (Visa or Mastercard).
- If paying at nearest campus, print and complete the Printable Book Order Form prior to visiting the campus. Request to have your book order and payment receipt faxed.
- If you are paying with cheque or money order, fill out the Printable Book Order Form and send it with your payment.
- If you are a Sponsored Student, please print and the Printable Book Order Form and return along with a Confirmation of Sponsorship Letter, provided by your sponsor; to the DL Bookstore by email or by fax. Please ensure that the Confirmation of Sponsorship Letter contains the date(s) for which your sponsor is covering your expenses. Books will not be sent until the Confirmation of Sponsorship Letter is received and approved.
Mail: 69 Pleasant Street, Clarenville, NL, A5A 1V9
When your order is processed and ready for shipping, you will receive an email containing the tracking number from the shipping carrier you have chosen. If you do not receive your tracking number within 5 business days of your order, please email the DLS Bookstore.
If you need further information regarding ordering textbooks please email the DLS Bookstore.
To initiate a refund request, please complete the Return Pre-authorization form.
The Bookstore may issue a refund for returned items provided the following conditions are met:
- Items are unmarked, unopened and in saleable or new condition.
- Textbooks - No obvious signs of wear such as bent or torn covers, folded or soiled pages, broken spines, or missing components; contains no stickers, stamps, markings or highlights.
- Multimedia (including software in the form of CD-ROMs, DVDs, video and audio tapes and CDs, plus PIN Codes for internet access) - Sealed packaging is unopened, the pin code has not been accessed, the components in the back of the book are intact, and the associated packaging has not been opened.
- Items are returned within three weeks of the date on your cash receipt included with your order. Special circumstances may be accepted and are subject to the DL Bookstore review.
- A copy of the original cash receipt must accompany the completed Bookstore Refund Request form .
- All shipping fees (both to and from the college).
- Damaged items not reported as damaged at time of acceptance. See Damaged Goods Procedure .
No refund will be issued for the following:
NOTE: All refunds are issued by CNA Headquarters. Refunds will be applied against outstanding accounts before any monies are returned.
Returns (along with a copy of your original receipt and the Bookstore Refund Request form are to be returned at your expense to:
Distributed Learning Bookstore
College of the North Atlantic
69 Pleasant Street, Clarenville, NL
NOTE: Immediately inspect your purchase for damages! Any damages should be noted on the carrier's receipt or bill of lading at the time of acceptance. The DL Bookstore is not responsible for items damaged in transit and cannot issue a replacement item.
If you receive damaged items, the Distributed Learning Bookstore will work with you to submit a damaged goods claim with your shipping carrier. Each carrier has its own procedure for damaged claims. Claims are subject to the carrier policies and procedures.
Loomis Express Claims
You are responsible for submitting the damaged goods claim to Loomis Express:
- Please call 1-855-256-6647 within 48 hours of the date of delivery to request an immediate inspection.
- Submit a Letter of Intent to Claim for damage within 60 days of the date of delivery.
- In the event of concealed damage, contact Loomis Express no later than 48 hours after the date of delivery. Failure to do so may jeopardize the settlement of your claim.
Liability Coverage for up to $100 is included.
More information on damaged and lost claims can be found at Loomis Billing and Claims Support .
Canada Post Claims
The DL Bookstore must submit the damaged goods claim to Canada Post. Contact the DL Bookstore within 30 days of receiving your damaged shipment by email at the email@example.com or calling 709-466-6965 to report damaged goods. Keep all the wrapping, packaging materials, invoices and the damaged item(s), as they will be required to process the claim.
Liability Coverage for up to $100 is included.
You will be notified once your claim has been processed.