The Quizzes area is a place from which you can access any available online quiz in your Desire2Learn course. It also allows you to review your quiz results, and see class statistics for a quiz. To access this tool click Quizzes under Assessments on the course Navbar.
Notice the number of attempts you have been given to complete the quiz. If you have only one attempt you must complete and submit the quiz in the time allotted - there are no second chances.
On the Quiz List page, click on the quiz you want to take. Read the instructions and details for the quiz, and when you're ready click Start Quiz!.
Note: If your quiz has a time-limit you may be prompted or forced to submit your quiz. If the quiz is set to
auto-submit, at the end of the designated time period only saved questions are submitted.
When taking online quizzes in Desire2Learn, please ensure that you do the following:
- Save each response as you go
- Save all responses at the end of the quiz
- Go to the Submit Quiz page and click Submit
- Confirm your submission
The legend on the left side of the screen identifies icons you may encounter in the Quizzes area. Please ensure you become familiar with the information in the legend.
- Make a habit of clicking the Save All Responses button regularly if there are a lot of questions on a single page or you are working on a time-consuming question.
- If you try to submit a quiz with unsaved answers, you see a warning at the top of the page. You may return to the questions to complete them, then resubmit.
- If your quiz has a time limit you may be prompted or forced to submit your quiz. If the quiz is set to autosubmit at the end of the quiz time period, only saved questions are submitted. Make sure you save regularly near the end of the quiz period and try to finish and submit the quiz before the time expires.