Once you have logged in to the Desire2Learn environment, you will be taken to the My Home page. My Home is your starting point inside the Learning Environment. It is also the homepage where you can access your course(s), edit your personal settings, view important updates and announcements, and other available resources.
Primary navigation in Desire2Learn (D2L) displays across the top of every page. The primary navigation includes two types of navigation bars: the Minibar and the Navbar. These navigation bars contain a course title, your username, and a set of links that help you navigate to different tools and pages.
The Minibar always displays at the top of a page and is your main navigation tool to courses and personal settings. The minibar enables users to switch between courses or return to the My Home page. The minibar also contains alerts specific to individual users and their courses; and a personal menu with links to profile, notification, and account settings.
- Select a Course: Your courses are listed in the course selector, and you can sort them by course name or by date last accessed. You can also select specific courses from the course selector and pin them to the top of the list for easier navigation.
- Access a Course: Access the course you want from the course selector. Click Load More Courses to expand the course list, or use the Search field to find your course.
- Message Alerts: Email and pager messages.
- Update Alerts: New and updated news posts; upcoming dropbox end dates; released and updated grades; and upcoming quiz end dates.
- Chatter Alerts: New discussion posts in forums, topics, and specific message threads you subscribed to in D2L.
- Personal Menu: The personal menu contains links to your profile, notification options, account settings, and logout. Click your name on the minibar to open the personal menu.
Note: If you have unread alerts, a red circle appears on the appropriate alert icon.
The Navbar contains links to global tools and resources located on the My Home page and course-specific tools and resources located in each course.
The My Home Navbar contains links to ePortfolio and Help.
- ePortfolio: A personal portfolio tool for storing, organizing, reflecting on and sharing items that represent your learning.
- Help: Provides information about D2L tools and resources.
The remainder of the My Home page contains a number of widgets for displaying information, such as News and My Courses.
- News: Displays important announcements from Distributed Learning.
- My Courses: Allows you to access your courses.
- Useful Links: Contains useful links to the College Library, CNA webmail, etc.
- Support: Contains links to the DL Help Desk, Bookstore, and Toolbox page.